No Comments

Required documents for tenants in Spain


To rent a property in Spain it is essential to open a Spanish bank account in order to set up direct debits for all of the utilities (water, gas, electricity, phone & internet).

You will also need to bring along your passport/ID card and if you are going to be working in Spain you will be required to apply for a NIE number

The owners will normally also ask for some references as an employment contract, pay slips or other references; to show that you will be a good tenant and to qualify your financial status and ability to cover the rent payments.